Moving on to what I read this month... I think my favorite read this month is a toss up between Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier and The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran. I love DuMaurier's prose in Rebecca, but was completely engrossed by The Heretic Queen, making it hard to choose a favorite between the two!
Here are all the books I read this month, in chronological order:
- Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winifred Watson
- My Life in France by Julia Child
- Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier
- Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger
- Firmin by Sam Savage
- Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
- Roses by Leila Meacham
- The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran
- Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella (review to be posted later this week)
This month I signed up for 5 challenges: The Flashback Challenge, The Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge, The Memorable Memoir Challenge, War through the Generations: Vietnam War Challenge, and the Social Justice Challenge. So far, I've only managed to read one book for my challenges (My Life in France, for the Memorable Memoir Challenge), but it's only January... right? I also completed Bloggiesta, hosted by Maw Books, which came at the perfect time to really get things rolling on my blog!
In other news, three lovely bloggers have given me awards this month. I'm planning to post about each separately when I have time, but in the meantime a thousand thank you's to