Sunday, February 7, 2010

Spreading the award love!

As I have no new books to share this week, I decided instead to stop procrastinating and pass on some awards that I'm grateful to have received in the last month. I'm so glad to be able to pass these awards on to some fantastic bloggers!

 

First is the Bliss (Happy 101) Award, given to me by Emma Michaels. Head on over to check out her great blog! The rules for this award are that I have to list 10 things that make me happy, and pass it along to 10 other blogs.

Here are my 10 things (in no particular order):
  1. Chocolate covered pretzels = my favorite dessert ever. Yummmmmmy ;)
  2. Shopping with a friend
  3. Visiting my family
  4. Going out for drinks
  5. Staying toasty inside with a good book on a cold day
  6. The beach
  7. Checking off all the items on my to-do list (rarely happens)
  8. New books
  9. Lost, The Office, NCIS, Bones, So You Think You Can Dance, and other TV obsessions...
  10. Feeling excited about work
 I'd like to pass this award on to 10 sweet bloggers who make my day every time I read their great comments!
  1. Booksnyc at Books in the City
  2. Emidy at Une Parole
  3. Eva at A Striped Armchair
  4. GretchTM at GretchTM's Book Blog
  5. Jennifer at Mrs. Q Book Addict
  6. Kay at My Random Acts of Reading
  7. Maxine at Maxine Reads
  8. Mrs. B at The Literary Stew
  9. Naida at The Bookworm
  10. Rhiana at Rhiana Reads

Next is the Kreativ Blogger award, which I was lucky enough to receive from both Wendy at W.M. Morrell's Musings from Down Under and Laura at Reading and Roiboos. Thank you both so much! Now I have to list seven things about myself and then nominate seven blogs...

Seven things about myself:
  1. This may make me girly, but I actually like to wear the color pink.
  2. I don't like spicy food. Or cheese, although I'm working on that... I also used to hate mints (I thought they were spicy), but I've gotten over that one.
  3. Despite being an environmentalist, I use obscene amounts of paper towels in the kitchen...
  4. I drink 2-4 cups of coffee a day, plus at least 1-2 cups of tea. But I'm not addicted to caffeine (or so I think...)
  5. I used to want to be a writer, and still wonder about it sometimes.
  6. I'm a packrat... I can't get rid of anything, especially books ;)
  7. I'll buy three pairs of new shoes, but then just keeping wearing my old, comfy ones anyway.
 Now I would like to pass this award on to 7 bloggers with fantastic blogs that I consume voraciously...
  1. Emma Michaels at Emma Michaels
  2. I Heart Monster at I Heart Monster
  3. JoAnn at Lakeside Musing
  4. Marquetta at Love to Read for Fun
  5. Muse in the Fog at Confessions and Ramblings of a Muse in the Fog
  6. Sandra Stiles at Musings of a Book Addict
  7. Stephanie aka The Stark Raving Bibliophile at Laughing Stars

The One Lovely Blog Award was given to me by Marquetta at Love to Read for Fun. For this award, you pass it on to five blogs that you have newly discovered. I'd like to pass this on to the following blogs that I've recently discovered and love! Please go check them out!
  1. Andi at Estella's Revenge: Tripping Toward Lucidity
  2. April Nichole at April Nichole's Blog
  3. Jenn at Books at Midnight
  4. Krista at Mental Foodie
  5. Laura at Reading and Roibos
 
And last but certainly not least is the Over the Top! Award, which I received from Rhiana at Rhiana Reads just this week. For this award, I have to answer the following questions with one word answers and then pass the award on to 5 more deserving bloggers.
Here are my answers:

(1) Your Cell Phone? Neglected
(2) Your Hair? Frizzy
(3) Your Mother? Loving
(4) Your Father? Wise
(5) Your Favorite Food? Chocolate
(6) Your Dream Last Night? Disturbing
(7) Your Favorite Drink? Coffee
(8) Your Dream/Goal? Environment
(9) What Room Are You In? Bedroom
(10) Your Hobby? Blogging ;)
(11) Your Fear? Failure
(12) Where Do You Want To Be In Six Years? Happy
(13) Where Were You Last Night? Reading
(14) Something That You Aren't? Confident
(15) Muffins? Yummy!
(16) Wish List Item? iPhone
(17) Where Did You Grow Up? N.J.
(18) Last Thing You Did? Breakfast
(19) What Are You Wearing? Workout-clothes
(20) Your TV? Overused
(21) Your Pets? None
(22) Friends? Wonderful!
(23) Your Life? Limbo
(24) Your Mood? Complacent
(25) Missing Someone? Family
(26) Vehicle? Subway
(27) Something You Aren't Wearing? Glasses
(28) Your Favorite Store? H&M
(29) Your Favorite Color? Blue
(30) When Was The Last Time You Laughed? Morning
(31) Last Time You Cried? Reading
(32) Your Best Friend? Sister
(33) One Place You Go To Over And Over Again? Work
(34) Facebook? Annoying
(35) Favorite Place To Eat? w/Friends 

Ok, I cheated for that last one, I know. Anyway, here are five over the top bloggers who I am passing this award along to!
  1. Alexia at Alexia's Books and Such
  2. Anna at Diary of an Eccentric
  3. Lisa at Lit and Life
  4. S. Mehrens at A library is the Hospital of the Mind
  5. Wendy at W.M. Morrell's Musings from Down Under
Phew, sorry for this ridiculously long post! Thanks again to the great bloggers who gave me these  awards, and please go visit everyone listed here - they're all fantastic!

18 comments:

  1. Congrats on the awards and thanks for passing one to me. You made my day!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, thanks for the award. I truly appreciate it and I do enjoy reading your blog. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks so much for the award. You're too kind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for my Kreativ Blogger award! It was so sweet of you to think of my blog, you totally made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, thank you so much for this award! This is my first award ever. You made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana - congrats on the awards you've received....such an honor considering you haven't blogged for so long. And thank you very much for awarding me the Bliss (Happy 101) Award!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweetie! Thanks so much, Dana. So nice of you to think of me :)

    Great post by the way. Great to get to know you better :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for participating in The Saturday Network!

    And congrats on the awards! Thank you so much for thinking of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, forgot to say, chocolate-covered pretzels are AWESOME. You have good taste, haha. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your awards! Very cool! And thank you for thinking of me - that's very sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!!! I love your blog, too, so I really appreciate the award. :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the award! I will be happy to pass it along.

    I really enjoy your blog.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the award Dana! I had fun making my list today and passing the award on to others!

    thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, thanks for thinking of me, Dana! I will be sure to pass along the One Lovely Blog award. :)

    I enjoyed your seven fun facts list. Comfy, old shoes beat out new, unbroken-in shoes anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Congratulations on all of your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on all of your awards! You deserve them. And thanks for the one you passed along to me. Made my day, though I am so slow in saying so.:D

    ReplyDelete