Sunday, February 14, 2010

In My Mailbox (2.14.10)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.  I had three of my library requests come in this week:

 
  • Nanny Returns by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus:   I read the Nanny Diaries a long time ago, and I remember liking the movie, so I'm interested to see what a sequel has to offer.
  • The Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum:  I'm reading this for the Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge, and because I always wanted to read it but never got around to it - I loved the movie growing up. I didn't realize it when I requested it from the library, but I ended up getting the annotated version, which is humungous, so it seems a bit daunting right now!
  • Confessions of Noa Weber by Gail Hareven:  I can't remember how I found this book, but I have a minor obsession with Israeli literature, so I'm excited to read it.
That's all for this week - I managed to avoid the President's Day coupons (so far, anyway), which I'm proud of. Hopefully I'll have a review for Nanny Returns up this week, as I only have it on a 7-day loan from the library!

14 comments:

  1. Nanny Returns sounds really good. To be honest I didn't read the first book, I just watched the movie! I'd never heard of Confessions of Noa Weber before. I am doing the Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge too but I haven't read any books for it yet. I hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard mixed reviews of Nanny Returns - I look forward to hearing what you think!

    I haven't read much (if any) Israeli lit - I will have to learn more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE the cover art for Confessions of Noa Weber. i haven't heard of it, but it sounds lovely. i've added it to my TBR pile!

    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a amazing mailbox. I havn't heard of 2 of them but they all look great.
    ♥Happy Valentines Day♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mailbox. Happy reading. My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Dana,

    Thanks for stopping by today. Your blog looks great. I have The Nanny Returns to read as well; enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the Nanny Diaries so I want to read the new one! I hope it's just as good. I'll be waiting for your review!

    Emidy
    Une Parole

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember reading The Nanny Diaries, and it was an alright read. Kind of sad at the end. But now that I know there's a sequel, I wonder if I should read it...

    Anyway, happy reading. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wizard of Oz is one of my favorite childhood books. :) Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never read The Wizard of Oz, but have always wanted to. Good luck with the edition you have!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really curious about the Noa Weber one now. Must look it up.

    -Lauren
    Want to enter my Book Lover's Basket Giveaway??

    http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2010/02/book-lovers-prize-basket-international.html

    ReplyDelete