Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (2.23.10)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Going After Cacciato
I feel guilty for the super long teaser I posted last week, so to make up for it I'll post a short one this time around. Short--but still over two sentences; I can't seem to help myself! :/

Here's my teaser, from Going After Cacciato by Tim O'Brien:
"The way in is the way out. To flee Xa one must join it. To go home one must become a refugee." (p97)

13 comments:

  1. Great teaser, O´Brien´s such a great writer! Here´s mine: http://ifyoucanreadthis.wordpress.com/2010/02/23/teaser-tuesday-15/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice teaser! I loved The Things They Carried and will be interested to see if this one is just as good.

    Check out my Teaser Tuesday over at bookwanderer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that teaser;I loved The Things They Carried
    . This is a book that I really hope to get a chance to read. Here is my teaser:

    http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2010/02/tuesday-teasers_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes less is more. I like your teaser this week. Enjoy your book. Here's Mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, that's an interesting one! Have a good week and happy reading. My teaser is here .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post!

    Have left a little something for you on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an interesting teaser -- it sounds like an agonizing dilemma.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice teaser. I hope you are enjoying the book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes you just have to include more than two sentences. Nice teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! I'm always tempted to go over the limit...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to amazon.com this to find out more :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Intriguing teaser! It can be hard to select just a few lines that are telling and withholding all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete