Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (2.2.10)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week I'm reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I'm enjoying it so far, but have a heavy chunk of reading to get through if I want to finish it before it's due back to the library! Here's my teaser this week:
I listen wide-eyed, stupid. Glowing by her voice in the dim light. If chocolate was a sound, it would've been Constantine's voice singing. If singing was a color, it would've been the color of that chocolate. (p67)

11 comments:

  1. moral of the story, it's must be chocolate! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, my friend just gave this book to me today. I'm excited to start reading it and the teaser makes me want to start tonight. I hope it's as good as it sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I loved this book! I read your profile and glad you decided to quit your lurking ways. :)

    My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book! Glad you decided to delurk... welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read great review about this book. Here is my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. uhoh... now I want chocolate. I am reading Iron King so I just had to use it for my teaser. Here is my blog where you can find it: http://emmamichaels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! I've heard a lot of good things about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, very nice teaser! I love that description so much. I'll be waiting for a review on that one!

    Emidy
    from Une Parole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good teaser! Made me crave chocolate all of a sudden XD

    Thanks for dropping by my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! I've heard nothing but good things about this book - glad to hear you're enjoying it!

    Here's my Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm reading The Help also! Just started this weekend and believe it or not I've had this book since it was released!!! I'm only now getting around to reading it.....I feel somewhat guilty for not reading it before especially after seeing how it is still at the top of the charts....ahhh so many books, so little time!

    ReplyDelete