Monday, March 1, 2010

February - Packed to the Brim with Books!

For the shortest month of the year, I managed to get a lot of reading done in February! I didn't think it would happen, but I managed to outdo my January reading (9 books) this month, with 11 books. I think my favorite book that I read this month is Going After Cacciato by Tim O'Brien, although So Easy by Ellie Krieger gets a special mention for giving me lots of easy, healthy recipes to try! I really enjoyed most of my books this month, the only flop for me being Nanny Returns. Here's a list of all of the books I read this month:
  1. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  2. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
  3. Being Written by William Conescu
  4. Nanny Returns by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
  5. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum
  6. The Confessions of Noa Weber by Gail Hareven
  7. The Night Counter by Alia Yunis
  8. Going After Cacciato by Tim O'Brien
  9. So Easy: Luscious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Week by Ellie Krieger
  10. Mr Fitzwilliam Darcy:  The Last Man in the World by Abigail Reynolds (Review coming soon!)
  11. The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood (Review coming soon!)
February was a great reading month for me... I'm looking forward to seeing what March has in store! I'm hoping to vary my reading with a little more non-fiction - I'm intermittently reading The Blind Side by Michael Lewis between other things and hope to get to The Time Traveler's Guide to Medieval England by Ian Mortimer in the next few weeks. I also want to branch out and eventually start reading some mystery and/or fantasy books - two genres that I have basically no experience in but would love to explore! Any recommendations?

6 comments:

  1. What a great month for you and you had some wonderful reads! The Help was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised by how many I managed to read in February too. Maybe it was the awful weather? Nothing to do but read. The Time Travelers Guide to Medieval England sounds very good. I'll be looking for your review on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a great reading month!!
    A few of my fantasy favorites are Neil Gaiman's 'Stardust' and Tolkiens 'Lord of the Rings' books. The Hobbit was excellent.
    As for Mystery I recommend Agatha Christie :)
    happy reading.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely had a good month!! Plus the books you read are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some really great books read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a busy month! I read only 4 in February, as the Olympics and the blizzard screwed up my reading routine.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete