Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (3.16.10)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and SweetMy teaser this week is from Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford. I haven't actually had time to start this yet, so it's a teaser for me as well!
Keiko cut him off. "No, this is for taking me to the Black Elks Club with you."

"And almost getting us thrown in jail," Henry muttered sheepishly.

He watched her purse her lips and consider that comment, then dismiss his concern, beaming at Henry. "It was worth it." (p111)
This came up on the first random page I turned to - I think it's so sweet! Can't wait to get started with this book, I've heard so many great things about it!

10 comments:

  1. Definitely sweet! I like the playful tone. Looking forward to your review of this!

    My teaser for this week is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, very cute! I've never heard of this book so I'm curious. I'll be waiting for the review!

    Emidy
    from Une Parole

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a definitely great teaser!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this book a lot; great teaser you selected. Thanks and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does sound sweet. :) I'll be waiting to see what you think of it. And I really like the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. soooo sweet..

    here's mine;

    http://darlynandbooks.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesdays.html

    happy teusday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this book. I hope you are enjoying as well.
    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo, interesting. The title sparks curiosity too!

    My Teaser: He's Just Not That Into You

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, very cool teaser.I hope that your book is worth it. Enjoy your book. Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked the teaser you picked. This book is on my TBR list. I've heard so many good things about it. I hope you enjoy it!

    Here are my teasers.

    ReplyDelete