Sunday, January 10, 2010

Challenges

As part of bloggiesta, I'm going through my list of potential challenges and picking the ones I want to do/can actually accomplish. Instead of posting separately about each one, I'm just going to post them all here. This brings me to a total of 5 challenges for this year - lets hope I don't regret it!

This one is hosted by Melissa over at The Betty and Boo Chronicles.  Participants must read at least 4 memoirs, letters, and diaries between January 1 and December 31, 2010. I joined this challenge because of the relatively low commitment and because I've been meaning to read more non-fiction, and this is a good way to get myself to do it. I also already have one book I'm going to read for it! No idea what the other books will be yet.

1. My Life in France by Julia Child
2. Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain
3.
4.
I've been thinking about doing this one for a while but wasn't sure if I wanted to make the commitment. I think it will be an interesting experience though, and I already know one book I want to read for it. I'm going to start at the level of Dip, or 5 books, about the Vietnam War

1. Going After Cacciato by Tim O'Brien
2.
3.
4.
5.

2010 Social Justice Reading Challenge

I really like the idea behind this challenge:  focusing on a different area of injustice every month. You can choose your level of participation month by month, but must be at the activist level for at least three of the months of the challenge. January is focusing on religious freedom. I haven't decided what level to do for this month yet. I'm probably most excited for the month focusing on water - that is a big part of what I studied in college so I'm excited to share what I know and hear from others!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the 2010 Vietnam War Reading Challenge. We will have you listed on the War Through the Generations Official participant list shortly. Happy reading. Don't forget to check out the recommended reading page as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exciting! Best wishes on your reading challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Memorable Memoir Challenge! I made this low-key on purpose because I wanted people to have a sense of accomplishment, as well as to introduce memoirs to folks who might not have read them (or many) before. Glad to have you with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I'm late on this one. I just realized that I never welcomed you to our War Through the Generations challenge. So glad you're joining us this year!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete